James J. Keil, Jr., Attorney at Law
Statement of practice
"I attempt to obtain results which exceed client expectations. I approach each case with an eye towards resolution, but I am always prepared to litigate if necessary. I have been involved in many high conflict cases during my 31 years as a lawyer. I am very aggressive in pursuing and protecting my client's legal rights."
James J. Keil, Jr. (“Jim”) is first and foremost a trial lawyer. During 31 years in practice, Jim has focused on the creative and aggressive representation of clients in the litigation, negotiation, and settlement of cases.
Jim is currently a member of the Family Law Section of the Colorado Bar Association and the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association. He has authored articles and lectured on various topics in family law. An experienced advocate, he has represented clients in more than 1,700 family law cases. Jim maintains an active family law appellate practice. Jim also serves as a part-time municipal court judge and is a member of the Colorado Municipal Judges Association.
He is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell® and listed among the Colorado Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers of America. But perhaps his most compelling endorsements are posted on AVVO.com, where former clients speak of their past experiences at the Keil law office.
- Arizona State University (B.S., summa cum laude, 1976)
- University of Colorado at Boulder (J.D., 1982)
- Colorado, 1983
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- Colorado Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- First Judicial District Bar Association
- Colorado Municipal Judges Association
- Author: "The Modification of a Denial of Spousal Maintenance at Permanent Orders," The Colorado Lawyer, February 2010
- Seminar Presentation: "Contempt: Pointers and Pitfalls," March 2006
- Seminar Presentation: "Enforcing Domestic Relations Orders Through Contempt," December 2006
- Seminar Presentation: "Post-Secondary Education After Chalat," August 2007
- In re the Marriage of Talbott, 43 P.3d 734 (Colo. App. 2002)
- In re the Marriage of Chalat, 94 P.3d 1191 (Colo. App. 2004)
- In re the Marriage of Chalat, 112 P.3d 47 (Colo. 2005)
The Keil law office serves counties throughout Colorado, including but not limited to: Denver, Boulder, Jefferson, Arapahoe, Douglas, and Adams.